Posts Tagged Biblioblogs
The New Living Translation Break Through to Clarity Bible Contest and Giveaway
Visit www.facebook.com/NewLivingTranslation and click on the tab that says “Sweepstakes”
Fill out a simple form, take a quick Bible clarity survey, invite your friends to join and you’ll be entered to win one of our exciting prizes.
With each fan number milestone a new prize will be given away.
- Grand Prize – Apple iPad 64G and a Life Application Study Bible
Awarded when the NLT Fan Page hits the fifth milestone.
Retail Value: $829.00
- 2nd Prize – Already awarded – 32G iPod Touch and a Life Application Study Bible – Awarded when the NLT Fan Page hits the fourth milestone.
Retail Value: $300.00
- 3rd Prize – Will be awarded when fan count hits: 3500 – Kindle DX and a Life Application Study Bible – Awarded when the NLT Fan Page hits the third milestone.
Retail Value: $489.00
- 4th Prize – Will be awarded when fan count hits: TBD – Apple iPad 16G and a Life Application Study Bible – Awarded when the New Living Translation Fan Page hits the second milestone.
Retail Value: $499.00
- 5th Prize – Will be awarded when fan count hits: TBD – Apple iPad 32G and a Life Application Study Bible – Awarded when the NLT Fan Page hits the first milestone.
Retail Value: $599.00
Prize Eligibility – Recently updated to include more countries
Sweepstakes participants and winner(s) can be U.S. residents of the 50 United States, or residents of any country that is NOT embargoed by the United States, but cannot be residents of Belgium, Norway, Sweden, or India. In addition, participants and winner(s) must be at least 18 years old, as determined by the Company.
Sweepstakes Starts – March 17, 2010 @ 10:24 am (PDT)
Sweepstakes Ends – April 30, 2010 @ 10:24 am (PDT)
Wait, there’s more!
Visit http://biblecontest.newlivingtranslation.com/index.php for a chance to win a trip for two to Hawaii!
Here are the details:
Choose one of six passages of Scripture from the New Living Translation and consider:
- How do these verses encourage you to know God better?
- What is God teaching you in this passage?
- How does this passage apply to your life?
Submit your answer and you’ll be entered to win.
Just for signing up: Everybody Wins! Win a Free .mp3 download from the NLT’s new Red Letters Project. It’s the dynamic, new presentation of the sung and narrated words of the Gospel of Matthew. You win the download just for entering! Or choose to download the NLT Philippians Bible Study, complete with the Book of Philippians in the NLT.
Every day, one person will win the best-selling Life Application Study Bible!
The grand prize: One person will win a fantastic trip for two to the crystal clear waters of the Turtle Bay Resort on Oahu’s North Shore in beautiful Hawaii.
Personally, I prefer the unofficial rankings which have BOB at 11 (down 5 slots from #6 in November), while the official rankings have me at 17 (-11). Considering I took 3 weeks off in December, I can live with either.
It was a good run and fun while it lasted. I must admit, I’ll miss the ol’ gal. Oh well, to quote the immortal Bobby Bowden, “nothing lasts forever.”
What really irritates me, though, is that now I have to go and find all those dead links on my blog. Shoot!
The Biblioblog Top 50 for November is out. Of note:
The official BOB two-year anniversary is tomorrow 11/07/09, but I will be working a spiritual freedom retreat away from computers, so I will just have to solicit pats on the back today.
Here is what has happened over the last couple of years:
My Top 5 Posts (# of views as of today):
- The Lord is My Shepherd (2,780)
- What Makes A Bible Translation Authoritative? My Top 5 (1,060)
- What’s in a Name? On Ishmael and Isaac (983)
- A Week withthe NLT Study Bible (941)
- How I Mark My Bible (768), and
- Oh, Crap! That Was Funny (soon to overtake them all, 649 in 3 weeks).
Absolute Must-Read Post: 10 Things Churches Do Right.
My Personal Favorite (in recent memory): Don’t Bite Your Friends.
Best Anniversary Post (besides this one): One Year Anniversary.
Most Comments on a Post: When You Die, Where Will You Go? Are You Sure? (55).
Total Number of Posts: 257.
Total Number of Comments: 1870.
It’s been a great year. Thanks for all of your support.
I’ve always been taught that when you die you go to heaven (if you’re a Christian, of course). However, I’ve always been a little ambivalent about the immediacy of that trip. I’ve never been entirely persuaded that I, or any of us, will end up in heaven immediately upon death, without a little stop over in “paradise,” “Abraham’s bosom,” or some other equally-cool name for the heavenly holding tank. But, I must admit, I’m not entirely sure.
Well, yesterday during our Revelation Bible study (specifically 1:17-18), this very question was raised (and not by me), as were a few eyebrows, and more than a few hairs on the back of necks. It didn’t generate an argument, but it did generate a great discussion (a perfect example of brothers and sisters disagreeing without becoming disagreeable). One which will no doubt continue in the hallway of our church, over coffee and lunches, and on the blogs of our church members (here, here, and of course, here at BOB).
So, I ask you, my blogging brethren, where do we go immediately upon death (if anywhere)?
I know I’m a little late on this one, but in case you missed it the Biblioblog Top 50 for October is out. A few surprises, not many.
And yours truly, in a record setting traffic month, inches up one place to 12.
Another good friend of mine has entered the blogosphere as more than just a casual reader. His new blog is The Watchman’s Gaze. I encourage you to check it out and give him a few words of encouragement, and I’m sure he would appreciate a few tips o’ the blogging trade.
As I’ve mentioned before, our church has just started a Bible study through the book of Revelation. We will be meeting once a week over lunch and going verse-by-verse through Revelation and related scripture. To quote myself regarding this study:
Why will this be especially interesting, you ask? Because of the participants: yours truly and his lovely wife Pastor Lolo (who are as different as night and day); a friend of mine, the former-Church-of-Christ-pastor-turned-charismatic who hangs around BOB from time to time under the username “watchmancurtis” (and who needs a blog of his own); our pastor, whose eschatological take I am still unable to pinpoint even after considerable poking, prodding, and thorough cross-examination, although I’m fairly confident it’s not heretical (but I reserve the right to change my mind after or during this study); and anyone else who might be interested.
I also mentioned that I wouldn’t be blogging about the study the way I am about our Hebrews Bible Study, but the “friend of mine, the former-Church-of-Christ-pastor-turned-charismatic who hangs around BOB from time to time under the username “watchmancurtis” (and who needs a blog of his own)” will.
I’m sure he will write about a lot of other topics, but he’ll be able to provide a steady diet of revelation about Revelation. Check it out.
I am running a 10-day contest for your chance to win a Gift Certificate redeemable at any bookstore for a free Holy Bible Mosaic (hard cover edition). I have one myself, and let me tell you, it is gorgeous.
All you have to do to enter is leave me your name in the comments below and check back on Friday to see if you win.
If you post a link to this contest on facebook, you will get one additional entry – if we are not yet friends, you will need to befriend me so that I can confirm the facebook link.
If you have a blog, you can write a post about this, link back to this page, and I will give you another entry for a possible total of three (3) entries.
Bloggers, if you already have a review copy, don’t worry, I will let you designate the person you want to receive it if you win. For example, if you want your grandmother who has no idea how to turn on a computer to win, you can enter for her.
Entries will be accepted until 12:00 noon (CST) on Friday October 23, 2009, and I will have my daughter Libby draw the winning name. The winner will be posted at 5:00pm (CST) on Friday, October 23, 2009. The winner will then contact me via the Contact page above with their mailing address (U.S. mailing addresses only please), and I will mail them their prize.
Here are a few key features (from the Mosaic website):
- Writings from every continent and century of the Christian Church – Contemporary and historical writings from Christians across the globe such as St. Augustine, Charles Wesley, and Henri Nouwen.
- Full-Color Art – Full color art offers another kind of reflective devotional experience, with artwork from contemporary and historical artists.
- Center column reference text with word study system – The clear New Living Translation text in this Bible is set in a center-column reference format, with Greek and Hebrew word studies to give you greater insight in study. There are also icons in the margins of the text to indicate which Scripture passages are linked to which writings.
- Variety of Reflective Content – The content is arranged so that every week the reader has a variety of content for reading and reflection. Each week follows a theme appropriate to the Church season (such as Advent, Easter, etc). The content included for each week includes full-color art; Scripture readings; a historical reading; a contemporary reading; a prayer, creed, hymn or quote; and space for reflection.
- Space for your response to God’s promptings – Add your tile to the mosaic—write or draw your response, prayers and questions in the provided space.
My Other Mosaic Posts:
- NLT Mosaic Coming Fall 2009
- Holy Bible Mosaic Released Today
- Holy Bible Mosaic (It’s Gorgeous) and Blog Tour Info
The Biblioblog Top 50 for September is out, and here are the highlights:
- Bob’s good friend Jeff is hanging in there at No. 4;
- Joel is narrowing the gap, but still remains a close(er) No. 2;
- Newly listed Matt Dabbs makes a strong showing at No. 3 (although Matt is not new to BOB, he has been on my blogroll for quite some time);
- Jim is holding down the fort at No. 1; and
- Despite taking 1/3 of the month off, yours truly comes in a respectable No. 13.