Which browser do you use and why?
I've been using Firefox 4 for a few days now, and here are a few of my initial thoughts:
- It's definitely faster as advertised. If you are a Firefox user, you will notice immediately.
- Oddly, the new Tab Bar is by default above the Tool Bar. Luckily, this is easily fixable ("right click" in the tool bar are and uncheck "Tabs on Top").
- The Menu Bar is replaceable by a button. I've read reviews that indicate the button is the default look, but my Menu Bar was in tact. I've removed it to see what it was like without it, but I've since replaced it.
- The monochrome default skin isn't terribly attractive, IMHO, and is strikingly similar to Chrome's.
- Not all of my add-ons made the cut because they were not compatible with Firefox 4. I assume it will only be a matter of time before the add-ons catch up, and I probably needed to pear down my add-ons anyway.
- I have enough buttons on my Tool Bar that it shrinks my address more than I'd like, especially with so many of the newer and longer favicons. I'll get over it, but I prefer long address bars. I could create another tool bar, but that would defeat the following.
- There's certainly more screen real estate, so that's a plus.
I didn't intend for this to be a critical post, even though it sounds that way. I have and will continue to use Firefox as my go-to browser. And I have used IE, Chrome and Opera. For a short while, I even used Opera as my primary browser, but it was an "outside-the-box" phase I was going through.
Actually, my best user experience was with Firefox cousin Seamonkey which I used for a few years. It was the all-in-one suite I needed (think Firefox + Thunderbird + an html composer and more). I only reluctantly stopped using Seamonkey when I started using Gmail to import all of my other email accounts. In fact, if you use Outlook and Firefox, I would encourage you to give Seamonkey a try. I have even given serious consideration to returning to Seamonkey now that it is Windows 7 ready, but I think I would be returning for all the wrong reasons.
A bit of a ramble, sorry. Browser thoughts, anyone?