1. Hebrews Humor: Immediately following registration, my first order of business was naturally to get a cup of coffee, and what, to my pleasure, was the name of Bethel's coffee bar? You guessed it, "HeBrews Coffee." Cleverness is one of the charismata, isn't it?
2. Worship: Each general session started with a time of worship, and the presence of God was palpable. Quite extraordinary, although it shouldn't be. It should be much more common.
3. Teaching: To my surprise, I've learned quite a bit. Not that I questioned the faculty or subject matter, only my interest level therein-my wife is the kids pastor afterall, I just tagged along for the ride.
4. Scenery: The location and view are incredible. Bethel Church is perched atop a hill with an amazing panoramic view of lush valleys and snow-capped mountains. It is breathtaking.
5. The People: Californians aren't so bad. Everyone is surprisingly nice, from the people at the airport and rental car counter to the conference hosts and attendees, but I expected them to be, many being from TX, OK, AR, and other Southern states. ;)
Tomorrow I plan to hit the prayer center and a few other things I missed today because it was too cold.
Updated Blogging From Bethel Series:
Bethel Related Sites: