In the beginning

This is a follow up to My Covenant where I attempted to show the prophetic nature of God saying “My covenant” as revealed in the original ancient Hebrew alphabet pictographs. Just in case there is any question about God’s intent in foretelling this, his ultimate covenant, I will show how the very same word picture painted in My Covenant is found in two other key words and phrases.

In my next post, I will write about the word “Hebrew”, but today I want to write about another first: the first word of the Bible. The first word in the Bible is the Hebrew word “Barasheet“, most frequently translated, “In the beginning…”.

As before, I want to show the Hebrew word “barasheet” as it would look in the original pictographs. The Hebrew word “barasheet” is comprised of the Hebrew letters BET (the equivalent of our letter “B”)(pictured in the ancient Hebrew as a House or Tent, and meaning house, as in “the house of David”. RESH (R)(pictured as a man’s head, meaning the first or highest person. ALEPH (A)(pictured as an ox head, meaning God and/or strength, as in the Lord is my strength). SHIN (Sh)(pictured as two teeth, meaning to consume or destroy). YOD (Y)(pictured as an arm from the fist to the elbow, meaning my hand/efforts). TAV (T)(pictured as two crossed sticks, meaning a mark or covenant).

Thus, “In the beginning…”, God reveals that the SON (recall from My Covenant that the Hebrew letters BET and RESH form the Hebrew/Aramaic word “bar“, or Son) of GOD will be DESTROYED with his HANDS on a CROSS.

I have tried to give a visual representation of, “In the beginning…” Note: Hebrew is read right to left, so the pictographs are arranged right to left.

The Rest of Genesis 1:1:

About these ads

, , , , , ,

1. #1 by Vee on August 24, 2008 - 8:08 pm

This is most interesting indeed… the gospel contained within the first word!

I have read a book called “God’s promise to the Chinese” which explores the ancient Chinese writing where you can find the whole gospel within such pictographs.

Good post, I really enjoy stuff like this :)

Vee

2. #2 by petermlopez on August 25, 2008 - 12:04 pm

Thanks, Vee. I appreciate you reading. I’m glad you enjoyed it. Pass it on.

3. #3 by Drew Crownover on October 28, 2009 - 1:08 pm

I find the bet as the house which a parenthetical place for the occupants within the points of containment… i.e. contained within these walls is… or contained within the constructs of these symbols, words, phrases, concepts are… it guides us to the next pictograph as the beginning point.

The Resh is the head referring to the chief part of the body or the place where the brain (control center) is located. It is the place where the decisions are made.

Putting these two concepts together we have the concept of “thoughts” or “contained within the head”

The next letter is the Aleph which is the Pictograph of the Ox and a symbol of balance and strength. Alef is Air, it represents the Upper and Lower the physical tangible (earth) and physical non-tangible (heaven) as well as the connection between them. The Alef is one of three mother (fundamental) letters in the Hebrew language. In the Sepher Yetzirah is is referred to as a breath of air which reconciles water and fire. In the body it relates to the breast in the male (air/water/fire) and in the female (air/fire/water).

Alef is the first letter in the first shoresh of the wings covering the arch of the covenant and combines with bet to create the first concept or universal principle (father)

When combined with Bet, Resh it becomes the concept: Contained within the head or thought of divine balance (the balance and connection of the physical non-tangible “heaven” and the physical tangible “earth”)

The word Bara in Hebrew means a location or place, so incorporating the concept of location or place into the pictographs we have contained within the head or thoughts of divine balance of the physical non-tangible and the physical tangible was a location or space.

It brings to mind the concept of an artist with an empty canvas getting ready to start a new painting.

• #4 by Peter on October 29, 2009 - 9:33 am

That’s interesting. I hadn’t thought about it in those terms…something to chew on.

4. #5 by littleguyintheeye on June 16, 2010 - 5:56 am

Interesting connection to the Messiah on the cross in the first word of Genesis. The Lamb slain from the foundation of the world….

5. #7 by Elisabeth Glasper on October 2, 2012 - 4:03 pm

I think this is wonderful! The more I explore the Hebrew letters the more amazed I am at the supernatural power of God’s Word.

1. An interesting blog called… beauty of the bible « Living Journey